Monday, December 19, 2011

Some High School Regrets?

Just thinking back at all the things I regret not doing in High School. I didn't really apply myself academically until it was too late (late junior and senior year) and now everyone is off to a prestigious university and I am going to be stuck at community college. I attended one dance during my entire time; which was the first dance my freshman year. I never even went to prom! Never had a girlfriend in high school, i am not bad looking at all and had quite a few chances that i blew big time but I was just too shy. I did go to grad night and it was one of the best times of my life, but looking back there are so many things that i regret and can't stop feeling depressed about it. My mom is one of those people who was really popular in high school and still can't stop talking about it even today, she says high school was the best time of her life. Did i just miss out on the best time of my life? I have mainly credited my lack of any social life to having braces which is not the best excuse but hopefully college will be a lot better now that I am getting my braces off and will try super hard to keep my grades up and get more involved in extra curriculars so i can transfer to an excellent university. Anyone else have a similar experience in high school? Maybe anything to make me feel better?; I have a knot in my throat as I write this. It feels like the last four years of my life have gone by so fast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment