Sunday, December 18, 2011

Do you think I'm not capable of love?

Starting from when I was kindergarten, I had a mive crush on a guy named Anthony for 4 years. One day in fifth grade, he did something really gross and I suddenly didn't like him anymore, and questioned why I ever liked him in the first place. Then, I became best friends with a guy named Nico, and had a crush on him. Later, I found out that he liked someone else, and I almost immediately got over him and started hating him. I soon moved to a different circle of friends, and liked a guy in that group named Zack. One day, he told everyone that he liked this girl named Lily, and I was heartbroken. I did continue to like him for a week or two, but then moved, yet again, to another friend group, which basically consisted of me and two guys, Grant and Andrew. I liked Grant... and by the time I found out he didn't like me back, summer had started and I was moving 1000 miles away, so it didn't matter. I started out 6th grade in a whole new school with no friends, which was fine with me because I hated socializing. But in my 2nd period, there was a guy named Josh that I liked for a bit more than half the year, but then, I met another guy named Blake, and we became best friends, so naturally, I developed a crush on him too. This time he actually liked me back, but we didn't know it until 7th grade. We stayed friends, but just on a level that we were aware we liked each other. Soon, we started secretly being together, but it really wasn't any different, because we didn't kiss or hug or anything. In 8th grade, he started being a real jerk, which he actually was the whole time, and I couldn't put up with it anymore. Then, we never spoke to him again and I hate his guts. So then, I started liking this other guy named Emrys, but wasn't best friends with him first. We were, however, really good friends in 6th and 7th grade, and he was just so much nicer and more attractive. I liked him the entire year, even though he hardly ever spoke to me, which should have made it obvious he didn't like me, but I guess it didn't. Over the summer, I met a guy that I really liked, and went over this huge internal debate on whether I should wait for Emrys or go out with this new guy, Cavan. I ended up going out with him, but we went to different schools, so we hardly got to see each other. I was convinced, though, that I loved him. In the beginning of 9th grade, I was introduced to this guy named Roy, and we became best friends. We flirted a lot and I couldn't help but like him, and it was obvious he liked me back. But then again, I had a boyfriend, so I started wearing a rubber band around my wrist so whenever I had romantic thoughts about Roy, I'd snap myself. Eventually, Roy got a girlfriend and I got super jealous. I then fell out of love with Cavan, and we broke up. Roy told his sister, who told me, that he liked me the whole time, and he never really liked his girlfriend, Dana. He only wanted to be able to have a girlfriend, because he never had one before. And since I had a boyfriend, he didn't think there was any way he'd get to be with me. So then, he breaks up with Dana and we start going out. I was really happy at first, but then it started to wear off. We don't even really kiss, but for some reason, I don't even care. It used to be that every time I saw him, I'd have to kiss him or I'd get upset. But now, I don't even care if I don't get to see him for a week. In fact, if he died, I don't think I'd cry, or even miss him. So what the heck is wrong with me? I start out being able to get over a crush in a snap, taking a logical spin on things and stop liking them as soon as I find out they don't like me. But now, I'll like a guy that I don't think will like me back, but then we actually have a real relationship, and I quickly fall out of love. Am I not capable of real love? Will I ever be happy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment